Monday, March 8, 2010

Hindi serials - Ladies First

Monday, March 8, 2010


It was Women's day yesterday, and who else gives so much significance to Womanhood than our Hindi TV shows! While a few decades ago, Men got all the importance (Byomkesh Bakshi, Karamchand, Nukkad, Fauji, Zabaan sambaalke etc), now is the era of Women. All our protagonists are females and inspire us to stretch out of the ordinary and achieve unthinkable. Three Cheers to Women and Three Cheers to our Hindi TV Serials!!

Mahi Way is the recent show to keep me hooked but unfortunately they have changed the timings. From Saturday 9pm they air it now at 8pm on Friday. I don't like that all because it clashes with Jhaansi ki Rani and Yahan mein Ghar Ghar Kheli plus it leaves me nothing to watch on Saturdays. Moreover, the repeat comes on Monday morning 10 which is difficult to catch with other things to do. I need to check if the show is repeated on Tuesdays at 1:30 pm also. Mahi Way is quite different than our regular serials but quite an entertainer.

Yahan mein Ghar Ghar Kheli is catching up, earlier it used to be such a bore but now gradually I am beginning to like it. Its sad that Baa Bahu aur Baby is off-air... with nothing left to watch on Star plus. They changed the timings to 10:30 pm from 8 which most of the viewers didnt know about, including me, and when I knew I missed a large part of the story. Star Plus has become the most boring channel now.

I haven't got Sahara Channel for a long time now, so not been able to watch Rehne wali mehlon ki but am not complaining as it was not going that great... but would like to know how far the story has come now.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates